Thursday, December 8, 2011

French at Home ....Part Two

I know it's been a while.... a month since my last blog! Wow, time is flying with the holidays! I wanted to follow through on the part two of French at Home.....
 so here are a few more pictures of "French" throughout our home.

Above is one of my favorite dress forms...French of course! I have all sorts of them in my home from Victorian wire, papier mache, Wolf, etc. and I LOVE them all....their my girls!! That could be a whole other blog post....


a mirror in our living room....


Here is the same mirror with two very heavy antique french cement pots filled with fresh ornamental oregano.....


The sofa in the same room, antique french style, down filled and covered in white linen.


This medical cabinet is NOT French but holds our quilts, french linen sheets, and Marsielles.
French word, matelassé means “quilted,” “padded,” or “cushioned,” and in regards to fabric, refers to hand-quilted textiles. It is meant to mimic the style of hand-stitched Marseilles type quilts made in ProvenceFrance. Matelassé fabric can be either hand-stitched to create the decorative features of the fabric, or woven on a jacquard loom for the appearance of quilting. Matelassé fabric is a heavy, thick textile that appears to be padded, but actually has no padding within the fabric.


An old pair of French shutters hanging in our living room....the hardware is crusty and wonderful.


A french bathtub filled with a french white linen, slipcoved and down filled doggie bed topped with a cozy blanket for our Yorkie, Tyson! He is oblivious, spoiled and loves loves loves his bed.


An x-large demijohn filled with just a few curly twigs.


This is a lovely french wooden rosary hanging on another French form.


....more shutters.


A bottle carrier from France handy on the kitchen counter with my boys favorite of French Market sparkling lemonade from Trader Joe's...it's delicious!


A one of a kind egg basket from France because of it's incredible patina. 
It's chippy, crackled paint is so amazing I just have to keep it even if it's only for a while.....


I added this old white farm ladder with rusted metal hardware to our dining room.
It's holding more matlesse's for the dining table. 


A pair of old moss riddled cement birds slavaged from France sits on a farm table. They probably at one time graced a cement wall or pylaster. 


A 19th century French server set up as our bar.


This is the cognac bottle dated 1872 repurposed into a lamp pictured above.


Another beautiful cognac bottle on the bar.....


This handsome guy is sitting atop a french cupboard that didn't make the picture!


A must have......The Jeanne d' Arc Living magazine set in a old weathered feed trough.


A antique dough trough discovered in France holding simple jars with candles soon to be filled with x-mas greenery. I love it's gray weathered patina! I have another at the store and it's lined with zinc.



I hope you found some inspiration or something you enjoyed,
I look forward to hearing from you!

Happy, happy holiday season....now off to do more decorating!

xoDebra
















33 comments:

kathee said...

Ohh Debra...you can come to my house and decorate anytime! I will even let you go thru the store and pick things out that I shoud be keeping!! LOL!! I love your style girl and really enjoy your post...thanks for sharing luv...
xoxokathee

time worn interiors said...

I really enjoyed seeing you French inspired house! Mine is leaning that way more everyday.
tot

AntiqueChase said...

Gorgeous! all of it!!

Kelly said...

Love all your pretty things. It's fun to see things that I've never seen before. Thanks for sharing! It's always a joy to visit you.

Jennifer@Woodley Cottage said...

Strolling through blog land and wound up on yours... Beautiful!!!

Rachel Pallas said...

So gorgeous Debra! My sons also love the TJ lemonade!! xoxo Rachel

Heaven's Walk said...

Once I visit your beautiful home (blog), I never want to leave, Debra. You have created such an inspiring place to live! And everything - and I mean everything - I could see in my own home. :)

xoxo laurie

Ticking and Toile said...

Wow Debra! Your home is stunning!
Love it :)

xo,
Shellagh

Debra Hall said...

Thanks to all of you...I love to hear from each and every one of you!! xo

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Oh my stars, Your style is simply breathtaking!!!
I just found your blog through Lu at "DustyLu" and I am completely smitten!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Burlap Luxe said...

Oh Debra, A major oversite that you are not on my blog roll...I have taken and added you to my site so I don't miss a beautifil thing you inspire over here :)

Your home is so peaceful, I am in dream land with your style, it is a blend of what mine is and my style too!

Happy New Year!
xx
Dore

Sheryl said...

Love your home...so warm and inviting, just like you!!

Hope you and yours have a wonderful New Years!
See you next year...
Sheryl

Katherines Corner said...

you are a very talented decorator. I love it all! I enjoyed my visit to your beautiful blog. Hugs! P.S. I hope you'll stop by Katherines Corner and add your lovely blog to my blog list page :-)

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Debra!

I'm visiting your blog from my friend Melinda @Alabaster Rose Designs - she was right, your blog is just gorgeous!!! I'm so glad I found you through her - love all the images!!! I too live in SoCali. :) I'm your newest follower!!! Take care and have a wonderful New Year!!!


Hugs,
Jessie

Rhonda said...

Are you kidding me? I j'adore your blog and I am now a new follower. You had me at French Shabby.

Petite Michelle Louise said...

found you by way of alabaster rose....gorgeous..and i do mean GORGEOUS blog..home...all of it! I am your newest follower. nice to meet you and Bonne Annee!

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Hi Debra~~ Just found you from my friend Melinda at Alabaster Rose Design. Your blog is gorgeous. I am also in SoCal. Where are you?? I will for sure be adding you to my Blog Roll! Love it all. Would love for you to check out my blog!!
~Cheryl
FreshVanillaForC

Rusty Hinge said...

Hello Debra! I LOVE everything! Melinda just sent me over and you are going on my blog roll! I don't want to miss a thing!
Maria
www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Hi Debra! I was visiting my good friend Melinda's blog and got pointed in your direction. Wow, she said your blog and style were great, but I see that was an understatement! I am now your 70th follower and I predict that number is going to grow like crazy!
Hope you have an incredibly blessed 2012.

A fellow So Cali girl,
Irma

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Just a minute....o.k I picked my jaw up off the floor....I can talk now! OMG...I am gobsmacked...what talent you have!!! I was just "in" your shop and had to go as I was starting to drool...tell me do you ship to Canada???? I really want to order something from you in a pay (or two) Thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year to you!!!

Burlap Luxe said...

I had to return to take in more of your beauty over here....I wish I were your room mate :)
Would love to see more in the new year as to what inspires your heart.
xx
Dore

toves sammensurium said...

Well I am telling you this:you'd better keep on blogging because I just found you and it Was love at first sightseeing.So bring it on!!!!!
Tove;)

Geneva said...

Beautiful, inspiring blog!

Debra Hall said...

Thanks so much to all of you...I'm flattered and honored to be on your lists!!

La Dolfina said...

Hello Debra,
So happy to find you!
We are birds of a feather for sure!
I blog about treasure hunting too.
I live in Alameda, land of The Alameda Point!
My son goes to UCLA and whenever we visit him we try and squeeze in a visit to Wertz Bros!
I'd love to meet you one day!
Your blog and treasures are amazing.
Will be by often to check you out.
Happy New Year!!!
Terri

ChiPPy!-SHaBBy! said...

Helloooo Debra...
Just discovered your blog via Pinterest... Soooo glad I did!!! Love the time-worn patinas...
Jeanine Burkhardt

Fabulously french said...

Gorgeous, so many beautiful things. Love the mix you have created of old and new - I too love mixing modern with vintage items.

Leeann

Pattie said...

Debra, nice to meet you found you Via Joy's blog and glad I did You are going on my blog roll so I don't miss any of your beautiful posts. Welcome and have a lovely weekend

Pattie

Modern Country said...

I just found your blog and I think it it very beautiful !! Fantastic images from your home.

I hope you have a nice weekend,

Friendly ~ Aina

Dreams Come True said...

Hi Debra,
seems we have the same taste on these french girls... thanks for sharing these nice pictures; very nice mirrow, I love these. I hope it's getting warm soon again, to make some trips to France again!
Love from Angie

d e l i g h t said...

Hi Debra, I didn't find an email address for you so just wanted to let you know I just received my copy of Jeanne d'Arc and adore your home! A great article that I will read over and over! Absolutely beautiful!! You have done a marvelous job with your home!

Rooms by Ann said...

I am so glad I found your blog, I love your style. These pics are great.

Anonymous said...

Brokersring.com - Learn how to turn $500 into $5,000 in a month!

[url=http://www.brokersring.com/]Make Money Online[/url] - The Secret Reveled with Binary Option

Binary Options is the way to [url=http://www.brokersring.com/]make money[/url] securely online