Monday, September 26, 2011

Recent Finds~A Primitive White Chippy Cupboard and More Wire!



Hello All! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.....
We had a fun day selling at the Ventura Flea Market yesterday which is right on the coast!
My sweet hubster joined me, and we shared three spaces and a seventeen foot truck (that we jam packed) with our dear friends Stan and Sandy. 
We saw lots of friends and familiar faces, sold like crazy and came home dog tired!!

I thought I would share with you some recent fun finds..... 
I bought this primitive white cupboard which was discovered in Oregon. 
This would be great sitting on top of another old piece or hanging on a wall.

It has a wonderful white chippy original patina, all it needs is a good cleaning.


I found this three tier rack in the early morning darkness.
I thought it looked pretty great but when I came back to pick it up hours later in the daylight, 
it was even more delicious than I thought!

I'm thinking this might work great on the kitchen counter for fresh fruits and vegetables. 
If it doesn't have a practical purpose or isn't useful....out it goes.


I found the wire bottle rack at Wertz Brothers Antique Mart, in my dealer friend Alfonso's booth. 

I couldn't stop thinking about it....
Alfonso has wonderful taste, his items sell quickly and I just knew it wasn't going to be there long..... 
I had the perfect use for it on my island....
I bought it!
A treat for myself, but something I will look at and use numerous times a day! 
When you pull up a barstool it sits filled with all the staples of flatware, napkins, wine and antique English pepper grinder.
It's practical, and it fits into my aspiring organized lifestyle!
Justified.....

Thanks for stopping by....
~Debra


13 comments:

the vintage bricoleur said...

I love your recent finds. That is so like me, if it doesn't have a practical use, it finds another home, however, I can think of several good uses for the three tiered rack. Terry ~ P.S. I am a new follower and I love everything I see on your blog. T

Debra Hall said...

Hi Terry! Welcome~so glad you found me! Now I'm going to find your blog....
Cheers, Debra

DustyLu said...

Beautiful post Debra! Love your finds! Great job! Hope to see you soon! Muah!! lulu

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Debra,
O my I can see we are going to be great friends! I am so loving all that you inspire over here truly!

Thank you for visiting my holiday post! hope to see you soon!!
I will be following you as well :)
Keep inspiring all your beauty!

Cheers
xx
Dore

Ormolulu said...

Hello Debra . . . found you thanks to Atelier de Campagne! LOVE your style . . . check out our blog (and Facebook Page!) at Ormolulu.com

Love that wine carrier . . . although I can be guilty of picking up treasures even if they have no specific purpose (I usually find one!).

Cheers,

Debi

designchic said...

What fabulous finds...love the three tier rack for your table and the wire basket is fabulous!! Thrilled to find and follow your blog ~

Rachel Pallas said...

Hi Debra~ I just LOVE your blog and wonderful chippy finds! :) I found your blog thru Dusty Lu~ xo Rachel

Laurie Blaswich said...

Hi Debra,
Hope you had a wonderful day at the flea market. I love reading your blog, it's just charming! I'm Laurie, Jennifer's friend, I see you out at Ventura flea on Wendsdy's often, and want to buy everything you have!

Chat soon,
Laurie

Pamela said...

What amazing finds! Please consider coming and sharing fro Treasure Hunt Thursday! I am your newest follower!:)

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I finished up right here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you're but definitely you are going
to a well-known blogger in the event you are not already.
Cheers!

Feel free to visit my web page: Movers Dayton

Anonymous said...

If you wish for to increase your know-how just keep visiting this site and be updated with the
most recent news update posted here.

Check out my homepage http://atlaslm.com

Anonymous said...

Very good article. I'm facing some of these issues as well..

Here is my website: Ohio Movers

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I'm
complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement
in google and can damage your high quality score
if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again very soon.

Feel free to surf to my web page :: Ohio Movers