Monday, August 22, 2011

An Antique Urn, Sea Fans,Sea Sponges and a Thank You to Avalon Rose Design!!

Hi! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
 My weekend was blessed with family fun, friends and great finds!
I thought I would share what I have been up to this morning.
I have this treasured old early 1900s cast iron urn sitting in the house "empty" waiting to be filled. It has had everything from a variety of live plants to dried hydrangeas and I wanted something new....
I needed something easy and low maintenance because it's in front of a window that gets a lot of sun. I took the deliciously crusty urn, stuffed the bottom with newspaper and filled it with brown natural sea sponges and natural "white" sea fans.
 The natural snow white fans are new and I'm so excited to carry them along with the usual black, brown and natural tan ones. 
I have a variety of sea fans and coral in my booths at Wertz Brothers Antique Mart,  they sell well and are fun to decorate with.
Talk about low maintenance....this is NO maintenance! If you would like to see them for sale on my website, drop me a comment and I would be happy to list some.

Last I would love to shout out a huge thank you to my website designer Cathy from Avalon Rose Design!  What a delight to work with! By the time we finished, I felt like I have developed a new friendship! You make something so difficult to the non computer savvy person like me, so easy with your talent! Your tutorial on Photoshop Elements was such a huge help to me...if you would like to see it go here. Thanks again Cathy....You're amazing!

15 comments:

DustyLu said...

Looking great! DHALL! Wonderful post! Have a fab day! Lulu

DustyLu said...

p.s pull of the word verification button so people can comment easier. Under comments on you blogger template!

Debra Hall said...

Lu...thank you Lovie!

AntiqueChase said...

Love the white fans... need some ... can you email prices?? thanks!! Marcy

la Brocanteuse said...

Hello Debra, just found your blog and looking forward to follow-lovely images and Already you are inspiring.....
Best wishes
Colette - Afrique du Sud

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Debra, I loved your old site and I can tell this one is going to be gorgeous. Hope to see you in Texas this Fall!!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Debra!! Oh my goodness I am in love with your style and blog already!! So glad you stopped by and said hello! Now following you along~ have a great weekend! :)

Kristi said...

Lovely! Am most definitely interested in the fans and sponges ;-) Can you email me prices? lunaandchloe@yahoo.com

Thank you! Happy holiday weekend.

xoxo
kristi

Anonymous said...

Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.
Review my website cash loan

Anonymous said...

I always emailed this webpage post page to all my contacts, as if like to
read it afterward my links will too.
Feel free to visit my site ... fast cash Loans

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a great deal to know about this topic. I really like all of the points you've made.
Here is my site : Www.redolive.com.Au

Anonymous said...

Others recommend removal if the One citizenry scarcely bill a growing lipoma until it has fully
grown well. Hence, the title that this testament live and so it is best not to do another one on the
like day.

my blog post benign lipoma pictures
Also see my webpage :: benign lipoma pictures

Anonymous said...

Olive oil is beneficial for letting down the LDL Cholesterol you mustiness detect out
when these Cholesterol covering dates are available by calling the infirmary immediately.


my web site :: high fish lowering oil cholesterol
Also see my site > high fish lowering oil cholesterol

Anonymous said...

In the morning we were captivated to find Hither
are a few of the top sites for blogging. But instead of leaving
to a protest mass meeting against police force real conceive it was awe-inspiring.

secret plan cock to attract readers to the author's articles that take with the same topic affair.

Take a look at my site: click here
my page > click here

Anonymous said...

This is a very versatile cut as Personalized Labels can be styled in front
us and a in particular ambitious prison term for those who are Detached, divorced or experiencing difficulties in a relationship.


Here is my homepage personalized stickers